Monday 3 June 2013

How best to sell yourself

One of the most ‘difficult to answer’ questions during an interview is often “How would you best describe yourself?”

This question can be tricky as you need to say something positive without sounding conceited or too full of yourself.  Think about incorporating your response into an actual work situation. 

For instance:
“I would describe myself as being proactive to workplace situations or problems that might arise”
“I would describe myself as someone who has high expectations of my employer as well as myself”
“I am someone who is confident with tasks I am given, regardless of its complexities”
“I consider myself very trustworthy and hold myself accountable for my responsibilities and any outcomes that may be a result”


The way these are worded can give the interviewer a vision of you in the workplace.

Some descriptions to steer clear of may include:
“I am the best at everything I do”
“I am smarter than most people I know”
“I can’t think of a good way to describe myself”


Be sure to take advantage of speaking highly of yourself, as this is something that you often don’t have the opportunity to do.

It is important to prepare for an interview and have in mind what your answers will be to possible questions.  For more information about available positions, visit https://www.steppingstonescayman.com/jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment